Canada is a country with a number of working and business opportunities. Whether you are hoping to start a business, have a Canadian job offer, or are simply exploring options, Brace Law would like to assist you on your path towards working in Canada.

There are a number of options for those looking to work in Canada alongside obtaining your Work Permit. The Immigration Lawyers at Brace Law have put together the answers to your most pressing questions about visiting Canada for Business, Obtaining an Express Entry Visa as a skilled professional, and the Provincial Nominee Program, to help you understand how you can work in Canada. Read on for more information on these programs!

Business Visitors

1. How do I enter Canada as a business visitor?

To enter Canada as a business visitor, you must be visiting for international business activities or without directly entering the Canadian labour market. This may include someone who is invited for training by a Canadian company.

2. Do I need a work permit to work in Canada as a business visitor?

No, you don’t need a work permit to carry out your business activities. However, in some circumstances where you extend your stay or plan to carry out other duties, you may require a work permit. For more information, contact our immigration lawyers at Brace Law.

3. What is the Start-Up Visa Program?

Canada’s Start-Up Visa Program provides an alternative route for entrepreneurs from abroad to build businesses in Canada.

4. What is the Self-Employed Persons Program?

The Self-Employed Persons Program allows individuals to immigrate to Canada under the category of self-employed. If you are interested in learning more and how to meet the eligibility requirements, contact our immigration lawyers at Brace Law.

Express Entry Visa

5. What is Express Entry?

Canada’s Express Entry Program is a point based immigration system that allows people to come to Canada as a skilled professional.

6. Do I need a permanent job offer for Express Entry?

No, as of November 19, 2016, a valid job offer for express entry needs only be for a minimum of one year.

7. What makes a job offer valid under Express Entry?

A valid job offer under Express Entry may be full-time and for at least one year, for instance.

8. What is a Primary Occupation?

A primary occupation is the job you have experience in and want to base your application on, if you are invited to apply.

9. What is a National Occupation Classification (NOC) code?

A NOC code is a way to classify occupations according to their skill level and type.

Provincial Nominee Program

10. What is the Provincial Nominee Program (PNP)?

The PNP is a program for workers that must meet certain requirements, including having specific skills, education, and work experience to contribute to a particular province or territory. To find out how you’re eligible for the PNP, contact our immigration lawyers at Brace Law.

11. What is the advantage of obtaining a Provincial Nominee?

If you are unable to meet the requirements for an Express Entry Program, the PNP is offered as an alternative to permanent residency in Canada.

We hope that we have answered your questions about working in Canada! For more information on coming to Canada to work, including Visas and Work Permits, contact the Immigration Lawyers at Brace Law. At Brace Law, we are committed to assisting you in your goal of living, working, or studying in Canada. Call 905-815-6555 for a consultation or visit to submit your information. Work with Brace Law and Consider It Handled.

We serve our clients in English, Italian, Albanian, Arabic, Punjabi, Farsi, Hindi, Malayalam, Tamil and Urdu with offices in Oakville and Vaughan. Call us at 905-815-6555 or email We can help! We Offer Consultations & Meetings by Phone & Virtually. Affordable Fees.