Immigration Lawyer in Oakville

Brace Law now has a new location in Oakville to better serve our client’s needs. Our immigration lawyer in Oakville has extensive experience with immigration matters and applications.

At Brace Law, we are committed to providing professional and strategic immigration advice for our clients. No matter your situation, our team is devoted to assisting you with a solution that is in your best interest. Immigration procedures can be complex and confusing, and the consequences of missing information, deadlines or errors are serious and costly, so it is important to retain an experienced and knowledgeable immigration lawyer to guide you through the process. Our skilled immigration lawyer in Oakville is dedicated to providing stress-free representation while also providing cost-effective solutions.

Visit Canada

If you are planning on visiting Canada, you will most likely need permission to enter into Canada if you are not a Canadian citizen or permanent resident. Visitor visas are often required for foreign nationals who wish to visit Canada depending on your citizenship. If you do not require a visa, a determination as to whether you will be allowed into Canada will be made upon your arrival into Canada at a port of entry. Click here for more information on your visit to Canada.

Study in Canada

If you are a foreign national and studying in Canada, you will need a study permit that allows you to study and reside in Canada for the duration of your studies. There are specific requirements for obtaining a study permit such as being enrolled in a designated learning institution and having sufficient funds for living expenses, return transportation and/or tuition. Upon graduation, the Post Graduate Work Permit Program allows students who have graduated from a designated learning institution to obtain a permit to begin working in Canada. There are specific requirements as well to be eligible for a graduate work permit and it may be beneficial to consult with an experienced immigration lawyer to help you navigate this process. Click here to learn more about your eligibility for a study permit or graduate work permit.

Work in Canada

Before employers begin the hiring process of temporary foreign workers, they must determine if they need an LMIA. The LMIA is an assessment that a Canadian employer must fill out before hiring a foreign worker. A positive LMIA will show that there is a need for a foreign worker to fill the job position. In addition, there are skilled-trade positions that do not require an LMIA to be conducted by Canadian employers and various other programs that you may apply under in order to work in Canada. For more information on LMIA’s and these programs, click here.

Stay in Canada

If you are looking to stay in Canada, you can apply to be a permanent resident or apply for citizenship. Permanent resident refers to individuals who have immigrated to Canada and have been given permanent resident status. Permanent residents are not citizens of Canada but are citizens of another country. There are different eligibility requirements for permanent residency and citizenship and obtaining an educated immigration lawyer can ease the difficulty of the process. For more information regarding permanent residency, citizenship and other programs, click here.

Business Immigration

If you are looking to immigrate to Canada as an investor or entrepreneur, there are several options available such as the Start-Up Visa Program and the Provincial Nominee Program. These programs are for those who intend to establish a business in Canada or are self-employed. To Learn more about these programs and whether you are eligible, click here.


In Canada, there are various ways in which you can get sponsored. Each program has different requirements and eligibility criteria that must be met. At Brace Law, we can help guide you through the process of family sponsorships, refugee sponsorships, sponsor agreements and Groups of 5 sponsorships as well becoming a community sponsor. Click here for more information on sponsorships.

Refugee and Asylum Seekers

Applying for refugee status in Canada allows individuals who face a legitimate fear of persecution a chance to become a Canadian resident. This is different from applying under Humanitarian and Compassionate grounds which is for individuals who face undue hardship. It is crucial to obtain professional and knowledgeable legal representation for such matters since there are strict deadlines and requirements. Errors, omissions and missed deadlines can lead to serious negative consequences for your case. Click here for more information on what Brace Law can do for you.


Some people are inadmissible to come into Canada under Canadian law. There are several factors that cause inadmissibility such as security, medical or human rights violation reasons. There are ways to overcome inadmissibility, however. A Temporary Resident Permit (TRP) is a document that allows someone who is inadmissible to enter or remain in Canada as a temporary resident permit holder. If you require more information on inadmissibility and your options, click here.

If you are looking for guidance or assistance on your immigration matter, contact Brace Law at 905-815-6555 for a consultation with our immigration lawyer in Oakville.