Canada Flag

Brace Law specializes in Immigration Law and is conveniently located in Oakville, just north of QEW off Winston Churchill Blvd to serve the residents of Mississauga.

Our knowledgeable immigration lawyers in Mississauga have extensive experience with immigration matters and applications.

Our trusted immigration team is committed to providing our clients with professional and strategic immigration advice. No matter your situation, our immigration lawyers in Mississauga are devoted to assisting you with a solution that is in your best interest. Immigration procedures can be complex and confusing, and the consequences of missing information, deadlines or errors are serious and costly, so it is important to retain an experienced and knowledgeable immigration lawyer with exceptional legal expertise to guide you through the process. Our skilled immigration lawyers in Mississauga provide stress-free representation while also providing cost-effective solutions.

Lawyers at our office can speak Punjabi, Farsi, Hindi, Malayalam, Tamil, Urdu, English, Italian, Albanian and Arabic.

Immigration Lawyers Mississauga

Visit Canada

If you are not a Canadian citizen or permanent resident and you are planning on visiting Canada, you may need a visa to enter Canada. Electronic Travel Authorization (ETA) are often required for foreign nationals from specified countries who wish to visit Canada. They do not require the Temporary Resident Visa. If you are a citizen of another specified country and want to visit Canada, you may need to apply for the Temporary Resident Visa. Canada’s Temporary Resident Visa program allows you to enter Canada legally for business or tourism purposes. The Temporary Resident Visa is not a work permit visa, and it does not allow a foreign national to work in Canada. It simply allows a foreign national to enter Canada as a tourist. Should they wish to seek employment, they will need a work permit from the respective authorities like the Canadian Consulate or the High Commission. If you do not require a visa, a determination as to whether you will be allowed into Canada will be made upon your arrival into Canada at a port of entry. Click here to set up a meeting with our experienced Mississauga immigration lawyers for more information on your visit to Canada.

Study in Canada

If you are studying in Canada and are a foreign national, you will need a study permit that allows you to study and reside in Canada for the duration of your studies. Study permits applied by students from China, India, Philippines and Vietnam are considered part of the Student Direct Stream for faster processing. This consolidated and streamlined program combines the existing study permit applications from these countries. Students who possess citizenship of the above countries but live in another country are not eligible to apply under this stream and need to apply under the standard study permit process.

There are specific requirements for obtaining a study permit such as: an acceptance letter copy issued by the designated college; university or other learning institution; medical examination clearance document; demonstrate proof of full payment of first-year tuition fees; demonstrate proof of Guaranteed Investment Certificate (GIC) of $10,000; successfully meet the language proficiency requirements in English or French and meet the education requirements of high school graduation.

Once the application is approved, Immigration, Refugees and Citizenship Canada (IRCC), issues documents to the selected applicant, including: an introduction letter to be presented to the immigration official at the port of entry in Canada, a temporary resident visa to enter Canada and a study permit valid until completion of the school year.

Upon graduation, the Post Graduate Work Permit Program allows students who have graduated from a designated learning institution to obtain a permit to begin working in Canada. There are specific requirements as well to be eligible for a graduate work permit and it may be beneficial to consult with an experienced immigration lawyer to help you navigate this process. Click here to speak to our experienced Mississauga immigration lawyers to learn more about your eligibility for a study permit or graduate work permit.

Immigration Lawyers Mississauga

If you are looking for the best immigration lawyers in Mississauga, Brace Law will be the ideal choice.

Work in Canada

One work permit option is that of the Employer-Specific Work Permit. To apply for this permit, an employer needs to demonstrate that there is a current need to fill a job position vacancy, and that they have been unsuccessful in hiring a Canadian worker or permanent resident to do so.

This work permit is also known as a closed work permit, as it is issued for a specific employer to a temporary foreign worker to fill the specified job position. Under this option, the employer would need to apply for a Labour Market Impact Assessment (LMIA) and would have to receive a positive application result to proceed with hiring the foreign worker.

To address key concerns in the labour market, employers across Canada have benefitted from the LMIA application process. To start the LMIA process, employers must advertise the job position they are seeking to fulfill for a minimum of 4 weeks. The longer the post remains active, the more validity employers have in proving that they have made every attempt and effort to hire a Canadian worker for the job opportunity before offering the position to a temporary foreign worker.

A positive LMIA result would confirm that there is a labour shortage, and a foreign worker can temporarily fill the job position, as the employer was unable to be fill the position with a Canadian worker or permanent resident. 

NAFTA allows for U.S and Mexican citizens to enter Canada for temporary business or investment reasons. They do not require a LMIA, nor do they need to be pre-approved by Employment and Social Development Canada. With proper documentation, the U.S. or Mexican national may obtain the work permit at a Canadian port of entry.

Alternatively, a work permit allows a foreign national to enter and stay in Canada for employment purposes. Citizens of some countries may require a: Temporary Resident Visa; work permit; be qualified to work in one of the jobs set out in NAFTA (for example, accountant, computer systems analyst or engineer) and have a job offer from a Canadian business in that field. For more information on LMIA’s and these programs, click here to speak to our experienced Mississauga immigration lawyers.

Stay in Canada

If you are looking to stay in Canada, you can apply to be a permanent resident or apply for citizenship. Permanent resident refers to individuals who have immigrated to Canada and have been given permanent resident status. Permanent residents are not citizens of Canada but nearly have the same rights as those with citizenship, such as the right to work, study and access to various social services. They are not allowed to vote in elections, and they cannot obtain a Canadian passport. However, they are given a permanent residence card that can be used in combination with their existing passport to travel. Permanent residency can be obtained through a variety of immigration programs including family sponsorship, express entry, business immigration amongst others.

Canadian citizenship is automatically obtained by those born in Canada or by individuals whose parent is a first-generation Canadian citizen. For individuals who are permanent residents, Canadian citizenship can be applied for after living in Canada for at least 4 years in a 6-year period.

There are different eligibility requirements for permanent residency and citizenship and obtaining a knowledgeable immigration lawyer can ease the difficulty of the process. For more information regarding permanent residency, citizenship, and other programs, click here to speak to our experienced Mississauga immigration lawyers.

Immigration Lawyers Mississauga

If you are looking for the best immigration lawyers in Mississauga, Brace Law will be the ideal choice.

Express Entry Lawyer

Immigration to Canada has many streams in which applicants are welcomed. Under the Express entry system, federal skilled worker is one such immigration stream which grants permanent residency to selected newcomers. In the Federal Skilled Trades Program, foreign nationals in skilled trades are given an opportunity to apply for permanent residency in Canada. This program was introduced to counter the labour shortages in different skilled trades across Canada. Foreign workers with at least one-year of work experience in Canada can apply for permanent residence under the Canadian Experience Class (CEC) program. To set up a meeting with our experienced Mississauga immigration lawyers to learn more about these programs and whether you are eligible, click here.

Business Immigration Lawyer

If you are looking to immigrate to Canada as an investor or entrepreneur, there are several options available such as the Start-Up Visa Program and the Provincial Nominee Program. These programs are for those who intend to establish a business in Canada or are self-employed. If you are looking to start a business and want to come to Canada to check out the business environment, you would be considered a business visitor. Your intent is to take part in international business activities without being part of the Canadian labour market. Business visitors usually stay in Canada for a few days or a few weeks but can stay for up to six months. A work permit is not required under this category. To set up a meeting with our experienced Mississauga immigration lawyers to learn more about these programs and whether you are eligible, click here.

Immigration Lawyers Mississauga

If you are looking for the best immigration lawyers in Mississauga, Brace Law will be the ideal choice.

Family Sponsorship

This program allows Canadian citizens or permanent residents to sponsor certain close family members to Canada if they meet certain requirements. There are no income requirements if you are sponsoring your spouse or partner or dependent child; however, you will need to demonstrate that you meet the minimum level of income for certain other types of sponsored family members.

In Canada, there are various ways in which you can get sponsored. Each program has different requirements and eligibility criteria that must be met. At Brace Law, our experienced legal team can help guide you through the process. Click here to arrange a meeting with our experienced Mississauga immigration lawyers for more information on family sponsorships, refugee sponsorships, sponsor agreements and Groups of 5 sponsorships as well becoming a community sponsor.

Refugee and Asylum Seekers

Applying for refugee status in Canada allows individuals who face a legitimate fear of persecution a chance to become a Canadian resident. There are five different forms of persecution currently recognized by the international community: race, religion, nationality, membership in a particular social group, and political opinion. The fear of persecution must fall under one of these five forms if you wish to claim refugee status in Canada. The individual must demonstrate that their home country cannot or unwillingly provide adequate state protection.

This is different from applying under Humanitarian and Compassionate grounds which is for individuals who face undue hardship. It is imperative that you obtain professional and knowledgeable legal representation for such matters since there are strict deadlines and requirements. Errors, omissions and missed deadlines can lead to serious negative consequences for your case. Click here to speak to our experienced Mississauga immigration lawyers and get more information on what Brace Law can do for you.


Some people are inadmissible to come into Canada under Canadian law. There are several factors that cause inadmissibility such as security, criminal, medical or human rights violation reasons. There are ways to overcome inadmissibility, however. A Temporary Resident Permit (TRP) is a document that allows someone who is inadmissible to enter or remain in Canada as a temporary resident permit holder. If you require more information on inadmissibility and your options, click here to speak to our knowledgeable Mississauga immigration lawyers.

Immigration Lawyers Mississauga

If you are looking for guidance or assistance on your immigration matter, contact Brace Law immigration law firm at 905-815-6555 for a consultation with our immigration lawyers in Mississauga.