Landlord & Tenant
Navigating landlord and tenant issues are never easy. Let Brace Law Handle It.
Eviction? Unpaid Rent? Property Damage? Tenant not leaving? Landlord withholding a deposit? We help Landlords and Tenants to enforce their rights and collect the money owed to them.
At Brace Law our paralegals are qualified to handle a variety of issues that you might encounter with your tenants including but not limited to:
- Non-payment of rent and collection of rental arrears
- Eviction of a tenants for interfering with your or your other tenants’ reasonable enjoyment
- Eviction of tenant for damaging your unit/rental property
- Terminating the tenancy because you or a family member requires the rental unit
- Ending the tenancy because a purchaser requires the rental property
- Ending the tenancy because you will be demolishing, repairing or converting the unit
- Evicting an unauthorized tenant
Regardless of the issue with your tenant may be, Brace Law is here to advise you in such matters in addition to help prepare you in bringing the matter before the Landlord and Tenant Board.
As a Tenant, you should not have to worry about unexpected rental increases or going home to an unlivable rental space. At Brace Law you will receive a comprehensive and accessible understanding of your rights as a tenant under the Ontario Residential Tenancies Act in addition to offering adequate legal advice on how to handle any issues that might arise with your Landlord over the course of your tenancy.
Brace Law is equipped to take on a number of Tenant related disputes including but not limited to:
- Rental rebates for illegal rent increases and upfront monies collected illegally
- Abatement of rent for maintenance issues, harassment and interference of reasonable enjoyment
- Rental abatement and/or compensation because the Landlord evicted you under the pretence that they required the unit and they subsequently re-rented for a higher rate
- To obtain an Order allowing you to sublet or assign your unit because your Landlord unreasonably refused your request
Brace Law adheres strictly to the rules of the Landlord and Tenant Board and offers efficient and diligent assistance with the drafting and filing of any applications that need to be brought before the Board. Additionally, we can help in representing you at Landlord and Tenant Board hearings and help in taking the stress out of an overwhelming process.
With our in-depth knowledge in the Landlord and Tenant Board Rules and Procedures, we can provide you with efficient assistance in drafting and filing necessary applications as well as offer diligent representation before the Board for hearings.